GDPRsummary.com is a blog on how businesses can navigate data protection issues and operate with less risk and more time for businesses. The blog is provided by ServiceReda Sweden AB (556631-3325) (“we”, “us”) and is provided “as is” and “as available”. The content on this website does not replace legal advice.
Personal data we collect and process
We collect personal data about our website visitors to provide more relevant content and better user experience. Personal information, or personal data, is any information that can be used to identify you or that can be linked to you. We may automatically collect certain information about you when you access our website.
Information you provide to us. You can access and use most of our website without providing us with any personal information. We collect and process information that you voluntarily provide us with. This includes when you contact us via email or other channels; when you submit information in an online form; when you sign up for or request that we send you newsletters, alerts, or other materials; when you sign up for a webinar or event; and when you respond to our communications or requests for information. The information you provide may include your name, contact information, title, or information about the organisation with which you are affiliated.
Information we collect from other sources. We may receive personal information from other sources, including third parties that help us identify new customers or prevent and detect fraud.
We may also receive information about you from social media platforms, including, but not limited to, when you interact with us on those platforms or access our social media content. The information we may receive is governed by the privacy settings, policies, and/or procedures of the applicable social media platform, and we encourage you to review them.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal data to provide our visitors with our Digital Services and relevant user experience of our websites, to communicate with you and to operate our business, as further described below. We do not sell personal information to anyone and only share it with third parties who are facilitating the delivery of our services.
- Provide you with Digital Services and other services that you may request and respond to your inquiries
- Send you newsletters, client alerts, legal updates, marketing communications, targeted advertising and other information or materials that may interest you
- For our legitimate business purposes, including data analysis, detecting, preventing and responding to actual or potential fraud, illegal activities or intellectual property infringement
- To operate, troubleshoot and improve our website and Digital Services
- To maintain our list of contacts
- To understand how our Digital Services are used, including analyzing statistics
- To comply with our legal obligations, as we believe reasonably necessary or appropriate, respond to legal process or requests for information issued by government authorities or other third parties; or to protect your, our and other’s rights.
Your use of our website
Our website collects certain information automatically and stores it in log files. The information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, the region or general location where your computer or device is accessing the internet, browser type, operating system and other usage information about the use of our website, including a history of the pages you view. We use this information to help us design our site to better suit our users’ needs. We may also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Website, analyze trends, track visitor movements, and gather broad demographic information that assists us in identifying visitor preferences.
How we share the personal information we collect
We may share information with our business partners to the extent that is reasonably necessary in order to be able to provide you with the services you have requested, and also for business purposes such as internal administration.
We do not otherwise share information that identifies you or your organization with unaffiliated entities for their independent use, except with your prior permission. We may share information that does not reasonably identify you or your organization as permitted by applicable law.
We may also disclose personal information we collect to:
- Our business partners, as well as our service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as web-hosting service providers, emailing vendors, our blogs, analytics providers, event hosting services and information technology providers;
- Competent law enforcement, regulator, government authority, court or third parties: (i) as may be permitted or required by applicable law or regulation; (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights; or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- A potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice; and
- A person or an organization you have provided your consent to disclose to.
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and other countries’ privacy laws provide certain rights regarding your personal data that we have collected. You may request information from us about:
- the purpose of the processing;
- the categories of personal data concerned;
- who else apart from us might have received the information;
- what the source of the information was; and
- how long your personal data will be stored
You also have a right to request to have your information updated or corrected if it changes or you believe that it is inaccurate, deletion or cessation of the personal information we store, subject to certain exceptions. If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us, you can tell us by sending an email via [email protected] The marketing emails we send you may contain opt-out mechanisms that allow you to tailor your marketing preferences. Note: if you ask us not to contact you by email at a certain email address, we will retain a copy of that email address on its “master do not send” list in order to comply with your no-contact request
We respond to all requests received from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Third-party services and content
Security and international data transfers
When required or appropriate and feasible, we obtain written assurances from third parties that may access your data that they will protect the data with safeguards designed to provide a level of protection equivalent to that adopted by ServiceReda Sweden. If we were to transfer your personal data to third countries, i.e. countries outside the EU / EEA, we will enter into agreements and take other measures in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
To protect the privacy of your personal information, we maintain both technical and organizational safeguards, and we update and test our security regularly. However, no information system can be completely secure. Hence, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to us over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
We will retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements), described in “How we use your personal information”.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns you are welcome to contact us by sending an email to us via [email protected]