The Data Protection Officer (DPO) is responsible for reviewing and monitoring the internal privacy work carried out by an organisation.
The tasks of a DPO is many, but consist of at least the following:
- informing and advising the controller or processor and the employees of their obligations according to applicable data protection law
- monitoring compliance with applicable data protection law and internal policies, including assignment of responsibilities, awareness-raising and training of staff that is involved in processing activities, and the related audits
- advising on the matter of conducting data protection impact assessments and monitoring its performance
- acting as a contact point for the supervisory authority on issues relating to the organisation’s processing activities
- Consulting, where appropriate, with regard to any other matter
Expert Legal Advice that strengthens your digital strategy
Connect with our experts in technology and data protection law. SaaS. License agreement. Cloud services. Business-minded.
Get a quote today from the business law firm Sharp Cookie Advisors